Tax AnnualsSecure your new edition of our
gold standard publications
When you need to find trusted answers quickly
With a constantly changing tax environment, Thomson Reuters' gold standard range of tax and tax-related publications, including our highly regarded Handbook series, provides practical guidance and incorporates changes over the last 12 months.
Written by a team of experts who are active in the industry, our Tax Annuals range of publications provides content you can trust, presented in a practical context in convenient topic based volumes.
You can choose the format that best suits your way of working - book, eBook or online - or a combination.
Book + eBook Bundle
Price $249.00 inc GST
THE AUSTRALIAN TAX HANDBOOK 2020
Published continuously since 1955, The Australian Tax Handbook is a convenient volume covering the full spectrum of income tax law and related taxes. It features clear overviews, concise explanations and worked examples to make the tax system easier to understand and apply in practice.
The 2020 edition has a logical chapter arrangement focusing on making working life easier for practitioners and highlights all the important changes over the last 12 months. With clearly set out core tax principles supported by numerous worked examples. The traditional strength in providing greater depth of coverage ensures The Australian Tax Handbook remains the premier tax research book available to today's market.
What's New in 2020?
- Small business - instant asset write-off threshold increased to $30,000 and extended until 30 June 2020
- Director penalty provisions extended to cover GST, LCT and WET
- Access to small business CGT concessions restricted where partnership interest assigned
- Residency - significant Full Federal Court case on the meaning of permanent place of abode
- Superannuation guarantee amnesty for historical SG non-compliance
- Foreign residents' access to CGT main residence exemption restricted.
Book + eBook Bundle
Price $253.00 inc GST
GST LEGISLATION PLUS 2020
GST legislation is complex and difficult to apply and interpret, even for experts and there is sometimes insufficient guidance for many of the important provisions. GST Legislation PLUS 2020 addresses the shortfall. It is the must-have resource for those who need to understand and interpret the GST law, and need to find the right information fast.
What's New in 2020?
- New set of GST Regulations, with revised numbering and structure
- Legislative determinations on corporate credit card statements and digital currency conversion
- New legislative rules for online hotel bookings by overseas based operators
- New provisions dealing with electronic invoicing
- Revised rulings on the connected to Australia tests
- New cases covering: carrying on an enterprise; liquidator?s claims for input tax credits; share trader v share investor; no documentation for margin scheme.
AUSTRALIAN TAX LEGISLATION 2020
Australian Tax Legislation 2020 consolidates all essential income tax and related legislation and amendments in force as at 1 January 2020 in convenient volumes. Set out in an easy-to-follow, logical layout, with history notes to aid interpretation of tax laws, you can choose from either the 3-volume income tax legislation set, the 4-volume set which includes tax and superannuation or purchase volume 4 (superannuation) separately.
- Concise history notes for all recent amendments to tax and related legislation
- Logical, convenient organisation with fully consolidated index (volume 3) and superannuation index (volume 4), and subsection headings where appropriate
- Structured layout and accessibility for users Various acts including ITAA 1936 and ITAA1997, Tax Administration Act 1953, Superannuation Industry (Supervision) Act 1993, International Tax Agreements 1953 and Australia's Double Tax
Australian Tax Legislation Volume ContentVOL 1
ITAA 1997, pending legislation (if appropriate)
ITAA 1997, Administration, Taxation offences, FBT
ITAA 1936, Rating Acts, International tax agreements, financial transaction reports, overpayments and early payments, Main consolidated index
Australian Superannuation Legislation
Australian CGT Handbook 2019-20
Authored by Chris Evans, Ann Kayis-Kumar and Tim Russell, the Australian CGT Handbook 2019-20 offers a comprehensive coverage of the Australian capital gains tax provisions, together with realistic examples, crucial practical tips and warnings.
What's New in 2020?
- Full coverage of all 2019 CGT Budget changes and the latest updates on previously announced legislative measures
- Analysis of the circumstances of foreign resident beneficiaries of Australian resident trusts that make capital gains
- New Tax Office guidance on data matching initiatives on share transactions, and an up to date analysis of the CGT compliance focus of the Tax Office
- Commentary on recent cases involving CGT or valuation issues
SWITCH ONLINE TO CHECKPOINT
In a digital era where information is freely available and unmonitored, avoid spending your time scrolling through blogs and websites not specific to what you need, to then having to further verify the information.
Having a source of authoritative and current information you can trust is essential. Checkpoint enables you to find answers and to quickly understand how those answers apply to the unique circumstances of your client or business, in one convenient location.
Whether in the office, in meetings or on the go - your tax subscription services can be on hand whenever and wherever you need to find trustworthy answers.
Browse the entire 2020 Tax annuals range plus additional titles.
Are you a member of a professional association?
If so, you may be entitled to a discount on some of these products. Simply contact your professional association for discounts available to you, and to obtain your promotional code.